7 Best AI Voice Generators 2023 (Text-to-Voiceover in Seconds)
Published: February 28th, 2023.
by Chris Von Wilpert
Today there are 86 different AI voice generator tools. We spent 90 hours comparing the top 50 to find the seven best you can use to use AI to generate realistic voices using artificial intelligence.
What is the Best AI Voice Generator?
- Synthesys — best of the best
- Lovo — best for creators
- Play.ht — best for businesses
- Murf Studio — best for realistic voices
- Resemble.ai — best for custom voices
- Speechify — best for readers
- Clipchamp — best for foreign languages
Our Verdict — Best Of The BestPrice: Starts at $29/month
Synthesys is the best AI voice generator. We think it’s the best because of its numerous language options, huge library of realistic voices, and unlimited audio plans.
The Best Part:
It has the best value-for-money pricing in the market. Synthesys's unlimited audio plan comes at a much lower price tag than the competition at only $29/mo.
The Worst Part:
Little emphasis on foreign languages. You won't find as many voices in languages other than English.
Get it if you want the best AI voice generator with unlimited voiceovers.
I recommend you get the Audio Synthesys plan at $29/mo, then upgrade to the yearly plan for $279/year.
(7-day money-back guarantee)
Synthesys is best for anyone who wants voiceovers in tons of languages and real human voices.
- Straightforward interface. Start cranking out voiceovers in no time with the software's easy-to-use interface.
- Affordable unlimited plan. Get the best offer in the market for generating voiceovers with no word or minute limit, at a more-than-fair price point.
- Realistic voice profiles. Use natural-sounding AI voices to create audio that suits your specific use cases such as corporate or marketing.
- AI video generator. Elevate your voice notes to new heights with AI avatars and AI video features available in a combined subscription.
- API availability. Integrate AI voice generation with your applications and software using Synthesys’ API.
Synthesys offers three pricing plans:
- Audio Synthesys: $29/month for unlimited AI voiceovers, real voices, and languages.
- Human Studio Synthesys: $39/month for unlimited AI videos for your personal recordings and voiceovers.
- Audio and Human Studio Synthesys: $59/month for unlimited video and voiceovers at a 20% discount over both plans combined.
Annual plans provide a 20% discount.
Try Synthesys today with a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Our Verdict — Best For CreatorsPrice: Starts at $30/month
LOVO is an amazing text-to-speech generator tool. We think it’s the best for creators because of its editor dashboard, wide range of voices, and audio production features.
The Best Part:
It has the best audio production features. Among other AI generators, LOVO's audio editor is best for its countless speech pattern modification features.
The Worst Part:
It can be quite expensive. Producing only two hours worth of voiceovers a month sets you back at least $288/year, which is pretty expensive compared to alternatives
Get it if you want an all-in-one tool for AI audio and video content creation.
I recommend you start with the 7-day free trial through the free plan, then get a yearly Pro 5 hrs subscription at $288/year.
LOVO is best for creators who want an AI voice generator tool with natural-sounding speech.
- Human-like voiceover generation. Enrich your content with the most human-like voices.
- Audio pattern editing. Control speech patterns in your voiceovers by adjusting speed and pauses at sentence or even word level.
- Tailored voice selection. Choose professional or emotional voices that suit your content best, so you can convey your messages with the right emotional states.
- Integrated video production. Produce fully AI-generated videos and breathe life into your videos with the software's massive stock library.
- Storage space. Get 30GB to 100GB+ of storage space to host your videos and audio all in one place.
LOVO offers three pricing plans:
- Free: Free for seven days, for newbies who want to try the software.
- Pro 2 hrs: $30/month for solo creators who want to generate up to two hours of AI voiceovers.
- Pro 5 hrs: $48/month for solo creators and businesses who want to generate up to five hours of AI-generated speech.
Annual plans provide a 25% discount.
Try LOVO today with the free plan.
Our Verdict — Best For BusinessesPrice: Starts at $19/month
Play.ht is a powerful AI voice generator. We think it’s the best for businesses because of its unlimited voice generation plan, ultra-realistic voices, and elegant user interface.
The Best Part:
Ultra realistic voiceovers. Play.ht has generated the most human-like recordings for the English language among all the tools we've tested.
The Worst Part:
Weak quality for unpopular languages. Play.ht’s voices in languages like Persian or Arabic aren't as good or accurate as European languages.
Get it if you want an amazing AI speech generator with a pleasant interface.
I recommend you sign up for a free account to try the software, then upgrade to the Premium plan at $99/month to access ultra-realistic voices.
Play.ht is best for businesses who want an easy-to-use AI generation tool to create natural sounding audio content.
- Very realistic voiceovers. Get the most realistic voiceovers in the market thanks to Play ht’s embedded deep learning algorithms.
- Unlimited voice generation. Create content with no limitations or word count caps, when you’re on the Premium plan ($99/month).
- Integrated file manager. Organize and edit your audio files with minimal effort in a user-friendly dashboard — you’ll never lose your recordings again.
- High-quality foreign language models. Generate accurate audio in different accents and languages with tens of realistic voices for each.
- Voice cloning technology. Copy yours or your clients’ voices to automate content generation that sounds just like the real person. It almost feels like cheating!
Play.ht offers four pricing plans:
- Free: Free forever, for newbies who want to use up to 600 words and 3 free downloads.
- Personal: $19/month for home users who want to generate voiceovers for up to 20,000 words per month.
- Professional: $39/month for professional users who want access to premium voices for up to 20,000 words.
- Premium: $99/month for business users who want access to ultra-realistic and premium voices for unlimited words.
Annual plans provide a 25% discount.
Try Play.ht today with the free plan.
Our Top Three Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
Starts at $29/mo
7-day free trial
Starts at $30/mo
Starts at $19/mo
Starts at $29/mo
Starts at $0.006/second
Starts at $139/year
Starts at $11.99
Here are the top 50 AI voice generators we considered in this review:
- Murf Studio
- Streams Speak
- Replica Studios
- Listnr AI
- Natural Reader
- Voice AI Voice Changer
- Typecast AI Voice Generator
- NaturalReaders AI TTS
- Dragon Home
- Tazti Voice Recognition
- Baidu DuerOS
- Veritone aiWARE
- Hugging Face
- Natural TTS
What is the best AI text-to-speech?
When it comes to finding the best AI text-to-speech (TTS) tool, there are several factors to consider. The quality of synthetic voices is probably the thing you should look at first, as it's definitely a deal breaker if you're looking for quality output.
You'll want to be looking for human-like voices if you'll be using a speech voice generator to publish content such as educational videos and podcasts. LOVO or Play.ht should be your top go-to tools if a realistic target voice is what you're looking for, though both may have limits on voice generation time.
Professional voice actors available on the tool also play a great role. You don't want to use an emotionally charged AI voice for professional purposes. So make sure to check out voice collections offered before committing to an AI voice generator subscription. You can also alternatively find an AI with a voice maker, so you can create your own custom voices that match your needs.
With this in mind, if you're looking for a tool that balances all of these features at a reasonable price, you can't go wrong with Synthesys. It uses the latest voice synthesis technology and has a wide range of voice styles and voice skins available. It works perfectly if you're looking for a voice generator platform that enables audio creation with different speech styles and a variety of advanced features.
Synthesys works best for video game characters, explainer videos, educational, and female voice generation. You can use unlimited speech technology with full commercial rights by simply generating voice and then exporting it to use for anything from training videos to 1-hour podcasts, or even sell to content creators at a fee.
Can I create my own AI voice?
Yes, there is a wide variety of AI generators that enable complete customization using human speech. These speech tools enable you to use artificial intelligence to create natural voices and use them for personal or commercial purposes.
The tool that stands out most for this feature based on my research is Resemble.ai, as it allows you to not only create your own artificial voices but also use them to generate voice recordings in other languages that you don't even speak.
Is there an AI I can talk to for free?
Yes, there are several AI chatbots and virtual assistants you can speak to for free via chat. You can use chatbots such as ChatGPT, devices such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa, as well as digital voice assistants such as Google Assistant or Apple Siri.
What is the smartest AI to talk to?
GPT-3 is probably the most versatile AI to talk to as far as day-to-day conversation and general topics go in the English language.
If you speak Chinese, Xiaoice is a popular option in China that's developed by Microsoft and is designed to be emotionally intelligent.
IBM Watson is also a system worth considering if you have large amounts of data that need analyzing to provide insights for your industry or company.
Is it possible to deepfake a voice?
Yes, it is possible to deepfake a voice using online AI voice generators that allow you to create digital voices that allow you to customize AI outputs after providing input of an original voice that you want to deepfake.
It's however important to be wary of the potential risks of this technology and the necessary steps to protect yourself and others from the misuse of voice cloning technology.
Is there a real life voice changer?
Yes, there are many real-life voice changers in the form of software that you can use for entertainment, privacy, or even content creation. You can use tools such as Voicemod and MorphVOX to change your speech in real time to a different natural-sounding voice.
What is the most realistic voice changer app?
Based on my research, Voicemod is probably the voice changer app with the most realistic voices. You can use a variety of built-in presets to make the AI create more of a lifelike voice out of your speech.
Other alternatives that are worth trying are MorphVOX, AV Voice Changer Software Diamond, Prankcall, and Baviux voice changer.
Please proceed with caution when using these tools, as they may interfere with other people's security or be illegal for certain uses.
The Bottom Line
To recap, here are the best AI voice generator software to try this year: