Today there are 111 different construction CRMs. We spent 67 hours comparing the top 50 to find the seven best you can use to manage your construction business.
What is the Best Construction CRM?
Our Verdict — Best Of The BestPrice: Starts at $50/month
HubSpot is a top-notch marketing CRM and construction project management tool. We think it’s the best because of its mobile app, customization, and documentation features.
The Best Part:
Smart document tracking. In addition to offering comprehensive document management, HubSpot generates real-time analytics for contracts or documents your prospects interact with.
The Worst Part:
It might cost you a small fortune. HubSpot’s Professional plans start at $1,781/mo for up to only five users.
Get it if you want a versatile CRM to manage your construction operations, sales, marketing, content, and customer interactions, all in one place.
I recommend you start with a free 14-day trial, then sign up for the yearly CRM Suite Professional plan at $1,781/mo for comprehensive CRM access
(14-day free trial)
HubSpot is best for construction contractors who want an all-in-one CRM solution.
- Dedicated technical support. Set up your CRM with assisted onboarding and get stellar 24/7 customer support.
- Manage your contracts like a boss. Organize and share documentation seamlessly with customers and get real-time forecasts based on data from your contracts.
- Flawless cross-platform integration. Sync your data from over 1,000+ third-party tools and manage communications and accounting in one platform.
- Automatic call transcription. Record your calls and use them to coach your team or review your conversations with clients.
- Rep performance analytics. Instantly know who your top performers are using curated data based on their activity and calls.
HubSpot offers four pricing plans:
- Free Tools: Free forever, for construction contractors who want to try out some basic CRM tools, free of charge.
- Starter CRM Suite: $50/month for construction contractors who want a basic CRM for up to two users and up to 1,000 marketing contacts.
- Professional CRM Suite: $1781/month for construction contractors and teams looking for a multi-faceted CRM for up to five users and up to 2,000 marketing contacts.
- Enterprise CRM suite: $60,000/year for construction contractors and teams with up to 10 users who want a reliable CRM platform, for up to 10,000 contacts.
Annual plans provide a 10% discount.
Try HubSpot CRM today with a free 14-day trial.
Our Verdict — Best For Project ManagementPrice: Custom
Unanet is a robust CRM for project-driven construction businesses. We think it’s the best for project management because of its ERP, finances features, and people management solutions.
The Best Part:
Comprehensive project management tools. Unanet allows you to take control of the most minute details with its Gantt charting tools and real-time analytics.
The Worst Part:
It has a steep learning curve. Unanet requires some time and energy for you to fully get the most out of the CRM and its features.
Get it if you want a project-driven CRM that works as an ERP to drive growth and manage projects.
I recommend you request a free demo on their website, then book a call to figure out your price based on your needs such as the number of users and scope of work.
Unanet is best for construction contractors who want a tool that works as a CRM and ERP.
- User-friendly mobile app. Monitor and work on your projects from anywhere and get tailored insights into your data.
- Outstanding customer support. Get expert help to guide you through the implementation of the CRM for your construction business.
- Powerful pre-built integrations. Bring your tools together with Unanet’s integrations, such as Salesforce, Bill.com, Sage 300, and more.
- Data-centered interface. Keep the bigger picture in mind as you manage your project with real-time analytics and charts.
- Forecasting and planning capabilities. Prepare for future projects ahead of time based on human resources, budget, timespan, and more.
Unanet offers custom pricing for construction firms, architects, engineers, and government contractors.
Try Unanet today with the free demo.
Our Verdict — Best For Home Improvement ContractorsPrice: $55/month
JobProgress is a dedicated CRM for home improvement contractors. We think it’s the best for remodeling contractors because of its project, contract, and customer management features.
The Best Part:
Straightforward interface. JobProgress allows you to get straight to work with an intuitive, no-nonsense interface.
The Worst Part:
Occasional delays. You may experience a few issues with the loading speed, with an eventual page taking a bit too long to come up.
Get it if you want a dedicated CRM for home improvement with a fixed subscription price and an easy-to-use interface.
I recommend you book a live demo for a good idea about the tool, then sign up for a monthly subscription at $55/mo per user for full access.
JobProgress is best for home remodeling contractors who want a dedicated CRM for their craft.
- Multiple job tracking. Add more than one job for each profile and never lose track of work, even if you’re running many projects for a customer.
- Unlimited cloud storage. Keep all of your pictures, contracts, project details, and more in a single place, with unlimited cloud space.
- All-in-one documentation. Build sleek contracts and sales proposals that drive sales.
- Organize your projects and staff. Assign workers to various projects with a dedicated calendar view.
- Manage your projects from anywhere. Keep the cycle going with Android and iPhone apps available for full CRM access.
JobProgress offers a single pricing plan:
JobProgress: $55/month per user for home improvement contractors who want a comprehensive CRM for managing work and customers.
Try JobProgress today with a free demo.
Our Top Three Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
- HubSpot — best of the best
- Unanet — best for project management
- JobProgress— best for home improvement contractors
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
14-day free trial
Starts at $50/mo
14-day free trial
14-day free trial
Starts at $19.90/mo
14-day free trial
Starts at $348/year
30-day free trial
Starts at $300/year
Here are the top 50 construction CRMs we considered in this review:
- HubSpot CRM
- Unanet CRM
- Followup CRM
- Zoho CRM
- Salesmate CRM
- Service Titan
- Keep In Touch
- Houzz Pro
- Solve CRM
- Really Simple Systems
- Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Less Annoying CRM
- Capsule CRM
- Apptivo CRM
- Agile CRM
What is a Construction CRM?
A construction customer relationship management (CRM) system is a software platform designed to cover construction businesses' sales and management needs. It helps you manage customer interactions, streamline sales processes, and automate many tasks associated with managing your construction projects.
Most construction companies opt for a CRM solution to manage and organize sales pipelines, customer relationships, and project progress in one place. They also use it to integrate with other tools like Google Workspace and provide email templates and SMS automation. This helps improve communication between field workers and the work office and save everyone time.
If you're a commercial contractor with thousands of management teams, you can also benefit from CRMs to manage customer relationships and streamline sales processes. Seamless integration with other tools and features can help you automate many tasks for managing your sales process and construction projects.
Regarding sales, using a construction CRM can also improve business processes by providing accurate estimates, tracking deal progress, and maximizing the number of closed deals. You can see it as a centralized platform that can provide a top-notch client experience and lead to happier clients for your business.
Which company has the best CRM?
HubSpot is currently the highest-rated CRM. However, many other companies offer construction-specific CRMs that cater to the industry's unique needs.
One such company is Unanet, which provides construction project management software with customer relationship management features. The software offers features to help with contact management, opportunity management, project management, and project scheduling.
Another option is all-in-one field service management and project management software by JobProgress, which explicitly works for home renovation businesses.
What is the best software for construction businesses?
The best software for construction businesses depends on the specific needs and requirements of the business. However, some popular and highly-rated options include construction project management software, construction management tools, and field service management software.
These software solutions offer project management features, time tracking, production management tools, and real-time reports that help businesses manage their construction processes efficiently. Some of the top-rated options include Procore, PlanGrid, and Autodesk BIM 360.
What programs do construction companies use?
Construction companies use a range of software programs to manage their operations, including:
- Construction project management software —These programs help construction companies to manage projects from start to finish, including tools for managing budgets, schedules, and more.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — These programs help construction companies to manage customer relationships, sales pipelines, and project progress. Sometimes they're merged into the project management software to make for one comprehensive tool.
- Accounting software — These programs help construction companies manage finances and bill customers.
Which ERP is best for the construction industry?
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software is a business management solution that integrates different aspects of a business, including finance, HR, and inventory management.
For the construction industry, the best ERP includes project management, contract management, and job costing features. Some of the top-rated options include Procore, Sage 100 Contractor, and Viewpoint ERP.
What software is used for modern construction?
Modern construction relies heavily on digital technology and software solutions to improve efficiency and productivity. Some software solutions for modern construction include construction project management, field service management, and scheduling software.
These software programs offer real-time data, project progress tracking, and seamless customer communication that help construction companies manage their projects more efficiently.
Software solutions such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) and 3D modeling software are increasingly used to enhance project planning and visualization.
What is the highest-rated CRM?
Many customer relationship management software options are available in the market, each with its features and benefits. Based on our research, Salesforce Sales Cloud is probably the best overall.
Salesforce is an all-in-one business management solution that provides sales teams with real-time insights, seamless communication, and a single source of truth for customer data.
The software offers customization options, workflow automation, and email marketing capabilities, making it easier for businesses to manage their sales processes and customer communication.
A few Salesforce rivals in the CRM market include:
- HubSpot CRM — A popular and user-friendly CRM platform offering features such as contact management, deal tracking, and email marketing.
- Zoho CRM — It is a comprehensive CRM platform with features like sales automation, marketing automation, and customer support.
- Pipedrive — It is a sales-focused CRM offering deal tracking, sales forecasting, and pipeline management features.
The Bottom Line
To recap, here are the best construction CRMs to try this year: