Today there are 78 different project management software for architects. We spent 65 hours comparing the top 50 to find the seven best you can use to manage your architecture projects.
What is the Best Project Management Software for Architects?
Our Verdict — Best Of The BestPrice: Starts at $26.97/month
Teamwork is a versatile project management platform that’s perfect for architects. We think it’s the best because of its in-depth task management, budget-tracking capabilities, and time-saving templates.
The Best Part:
Intuitive user interface. Teamwork is easy to navigate and has a shallow learning curve — perfect for architects who are new to project management software.
The Worst Part:
Limited mobile app. Teamwork’s mobile app doesn’t offer all the functionality that comes with the desktop version.
Get it if you want a versatile project management solution with a sleek interface and various project views.
I recommend you start with the Free Forever plan, then upgrade to the Deliver plan for $41.97/month.
Teamwork is best for architects who want a flexible platform they can adapt to their unique needs.
- Flexible project views. Visualize your projects’ progress with Gantt, Board, List, or Table views to be on top of every little detail.
- Time-saving templates. Use customizable templates to standardize project processes, reduce administrative work, and speed up new project setups.
- Centralized file storage. Store important project files such as blueprints, 3D models, and permits with Teamwork’s cloud storage.
- Budget tracking capabilities. Monitor project finances to identify potential cost overruns, and manage your resources effectively during every stage.
- Resource and workload management. Plan and assign work efficiently so your team is never overwhelmed or underutilized.
Teamwork offers five pricing plans:
- Free Forever: Free forever, for architects who want to try out basic project management features, with up to 100 MB of storage space.
- Starter: $26.97/month for growing teams that want a complete project management solution with additional features such as workload management, CRM & accounting integrations, and Gantt filtering, with up to 50 GB of storage space.
- Deliver: $41.97/month for established teams looking for advanced features such as client user management, team management, and reporting features, with up to 100 GB of storage space.
- Grow: $124.95/month for larger firms that require premium features such as project budget tracking, workload management, and time monitoring, with up to 250 GB of storage space.
- Scale: Custom pricing, for larger firms and enterprises that require a robust project management solution with Grow plan features and zero usage limits, with 500 GB or more of storage space.
Annual plans provide up to a 29% discount.
Try Teamwork today with the free plan.
Our Verdict — Best For Gantt ChartsPrice: Starts at $24/month
TeamGantt is a straightforward project management solution with a user-friendly Gantt dashboard for architects. We think it’s the best for Gantt charts because of its intuitive Gantt chart views, real-time team collaboration functionality, and efficient workload management.
The Best Part:
Dynamic Gantt chart interface. TeamGantt allows you to easily create and modify project timelines, dependencies, and milestones with a straightforward drag-and-drop Gantt chart view.
The Worst Part:
It’s not as feature-rich. TeamGantt may not have all the bells and whistles that some other project management tools offer like billing and invoicing, advanced reporting, and budgeting.
Get it if you want a straightforward project management tool to manage your architecture projects using Gantt charts.
I recommend you start with the 30-day free trial, then sign up for the Pro plan at $588/year.
(30-day free trial)
TeamGantt is best for architects who want an intuitive project management solution with a focus on Gantt charts.
- Seamless team collaboration. Communicate in real-time, share blueprints, and discuss project updates with stakeholders within your TeamGantt’s dashboard.
- Task dependencies. Link tasks together to seamlessly coordinate material deliveries, synchronize subcontractor work, and manage design approvals — so you get no more missing puzzle pieces.
- Automatic notifications. Stay organized and up-to-date with timely email alerts for upcoming tasks, deadlines, and project updates.
- Baseline comparison. Compare your project’s initial plan with its current status to analyze performance, identify potential bottlenecks, and make design adjustments.
- Export options. Generate PDF or Excel reports to share your project’s progress with clients and keep everyone on top of budget updates, construction milestones, and design approvals.
TeamGantt offers three pricing plans:
- Lite: $24/month for small teams looking for an intuitive project management tool with Gantt chart functionality and calendar, list, and board views.
- Pro: $59/month for teams of all sizes looking for a project management tool with advanced features such as priority support, workload management, and portfolio management.
- Enterprise: $99/month for larger firms that require a comprehensive project management tool with a dedicated account manager, specialized training from TeamGantt, and enterprise security features.
Annual plans provide up to a 20% discount.
Try TeamGantt today with a free 30-day trial.
Our Verdict — Best All-In-One ToolPrice: Starts at $9/month
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management platform for architects seeking a comprehensive tool. We think it’s the best all-in-one tool because of its integrative approach to task management, efficient resource allocation tools, and customizable workflows.
The Best Part:
Powerful resource management. ClickUp allows you to efficiently manage your project resources and assign team members to tasks considering skill sets, availability, and workload.
The Worst Part:
Steep learning curve. Some of ClickUp’s more complex features can take some time to master — and there’s quite a lot of tools.
Get it if you want a comprehensive project management tool to organize your team and streamline your workflows.
I recommend you start with the Free plan to get a feel of ClickUp’s features, then upgrade to the Business plan for $19/month.
ClickUp is best for architects who want a comprehensive project management solution to streamline workflows and improve productivity.
- Dynamic whiteboards. Work with your team on brainstorming ideas via real-time visual canvas, then transform them into actionable tasks you can track on ClickUp.
- Massive template library. Get hundreds of ready-made checklists, views, and docs from ClickUp to save time when creating new documents and projects.
- Scalable task hierarchies. Organize your projects, tasks, and subtasks with a flexible hierarchy system that adapts seamlessly to your most complex projects.
- Google Calendar integration. Synchronize ClickUp with your personal or work calendars to stay up-to-date with deadlines, meetings, and important milestones.
- Robust reporting. Get real-time insights into your data, team performance, and task deadlines to make informed decisions at all times.
ClickUp offers five pricing plans:
- Free: Free forever, for architects and small teams getting started with project management.
- Unlimited: $9/month for architects and small teams that want a comprehensive project management solution with no limits for integrations, storage, and dashboards.
- Business: $19/month for architectural firms that want an advanced project management solution to manage complex automations, add unlimited stakeholders, and monitor team member workloads.
- Business Plus: $29/month for architectural firms that want a robust project management solution with features such as custom permission management, priority ClickUp support, and custom capacity management for team member workloads.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing, for large architectural firms that require a white-label enterprise project management solution with advanced customization options, a dedicated account manager, and customizable dashboard views.
Annual plans provide up to a 45% discount.
Try ClickUp today with the Free plan.
Our Top Three Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
Starts at $26.97/mo
30-day free trial
Starts at $24/mo
Starts at $9/mo
Starts at $117.60/yr
Starts at $25/mo
Starts at $10/mo
Here are the top 50 project management software for architects we considered in this review:
- Deltek Ajera
- BQE CORE Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Replicon Polaris PSA
- Factor A/E
- Planview AdaptiveWork
- Base Builders
- Cerri Project
- Pivotal Tracker
- Schedule it
- Agile Central
- eXo Platform
What do architects use for project management?
Architects use architectural project management software for managing their projects more effectively.
These digital tools for architects, such as Teamwork, TeamGantt, and ClickUp, provide a wide range of project planning tools, document management, resource planning, time tracking capabilities, and project collaboration features.
Architectural project management software like ClickUp can also offer additional features financial planning and accounting tools, such as expense tracking and billable hours calculation, to help architecture firms manage project demands and progress analytics.
You can also find message boards and collaboration features within these tools to facilitate communication among the project team, making them intuitive tools for individual tasks and complicated projects.
Which software is mostly used by architects?
Teamwork, TeamGantt, and ClickUp are software solutions mostly used by architects and professional services firms, including engineering and architecture firms.
These tools provide an all-in-one platform for architects, offering project planning features, time management, accounting software, and architectural project management capabilities.
Teamwork, for example, is a handy project management software that caters to the specific needs of architectural projects. It offers a user-per-month pricing model, making it accessible for firms of various sizes, and it offers various features to help architecture firms manage projects and suppliers, manage client and stakeholder access and permissions, and track project finances and details.
Can an architect do project management?
Yes, an architect can do project management by leveraging project management tools that streamline the process. These tools, such as Teamwork, TeamGantt, and ClickUp, help architects manage architectural projects, plan projects, track time, and handle other project demands.
These project management software tools provide a solid foundation for architects to oversee project progress analytics, resource planning, and future projects, ensuring they can manage even the most complicated projects efficiently.
Our pick is Teamwork, as it's easy to get started with and offers all the features an architect may need to manage her projects efficiently and keep track of all the costs, details, and communications in one system.
Do architects need project managers?
While architects have the technical expertise to design and create structures, project managers can be essential in managing the overall project, including budgeting, timeline, and team coordination.
Architects can benefit from having project managers on their team, as they can focus on their core competencies while the project managers handle the administrative and organizational aspects. However, with the right architectural project manager software, architects can also manage projects effectively without hiring a specialized project manager, especially for smaller-scale projects.
What is the simplest project management software?
TeamGantt is often considered the simplest project management software, as it offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
This tool allows architects and other professionals to create visual Gantt timelines for projects, manage individual tasks, and allocate resources easily. TeamGantt also integrates essential project management features such as time tracking, project collaboration, and expense tracking, making it a suitable choice for architecture firms and project teams looking for a straightforward solution to manage their projects.
The Bottom Line
To recap, here are the best project management software for architects to try this year: