Today there are 84 different trucking accounting software. We spent 68 hours comparing the top 50 to find the seven best you can use to keep the books for your trucking business.
What is the Best Trucking Accounting Software?
Our Verdict — Best Of The BestPrice: Starts at $37.50/month
QuickBooks is a time-saving payroll and accounting software that is perfect for trucking businesses. We think it’s the best because of its streamlined expenses tracking, efficient payroll management, and native integration with trucking apps.
The Best Part:
Integrations with trucking apps. QuickBooks integrates with popular tracking apps such as Track-POD, Fleet Complete, and Tailwind TMS.
The Worst Part:
Extra fees. Quickbooks charges an extra monthly fee on top of your subscription, if you need additional users.
Get it if you need a powerful accounting solution for your trucking business with seamless integration with popular trucking apps.
I recommend you sign up for the Payroll Core + QuickBooks Simple Start plan for $37.50/month.
(30-day free trial)
QuickBooks is best for busy trucking businesses and truckers who need a comprehensive and user-friendly accounting solution.
- Automated income and expenses categorization. Organize your transactions automatically and get a clear overview of your trucking business’ financial health, expenses, and sales.
- Accurate mileage tracking. Track your mileage using smartphones’ GPS to precisely keep records for accurate tax deductions and customer billing.
- User-friendly mobile app. Monitor your balance sheets, cash flow statements, and profit and loss reports while on the road.
- Robust invoicing capabilities. Create customizable invoices, accept payments, and automate reminders using QuickBooks’ robust invoicing tools.
- Seamless payroll management. Easily pay employees, contractors, and partners with QuickBooks’ tools.
QuickBooks offers three pricing plans:
- Payroll Core + QuickBooks Simple Start: $37.50/month for the first three months, then $75/month for trucking businesses that need basic accounting features and payroll management.
- Payroll Core + QuickBooks Essentials: $50/month for the first three months, then $100/month for trucking businesses that need an advanced accounting and payroll solution with bill management, time tracking, and three user seats.
- Payroll Premium + QuickBooks Plus: $80/month for the first three months, then $160/month for trucking businesses that need the full experience, with robust inventory tracking, project profitability tracking, and premium support.
Try QuickBooks today with a free 30-day trial.
2. Sage Intacct
Our Verdict — Best For 3PLsPrice: Custom
Sage Intacct is an innovative accounting software solution for trucking businesses and 3PLs. We think it’s the best for 3PLs because of its compliance features, customizable dashboards and multi-entity support.
The Best Part:
Flawless compliance management. Sage Intacct can help your business to keep its accounting compliant with industry regulations across multiple states.
The Worst Part:
Steep learning curve. Mastering Sage Intacct can take some time, especially for those new to accounting software.
Get it if you want a comprehensive accounting solution that can handle complex financial processes and help maintain compliance.
I recommend you sign up for Sage Intacct’s free product tour.
(free product tour)
Sage Intacct is best for trucking businesses and 3PLs that need an all-in-one accounting solution across multiple states.
- Industry-specific features. Get tailored accounting features that cater to the needs of your customers’ industries, like tourism, healthcare, and financial services.
- Streamlined billing and cash management. Automate complex billing processes and track payments on multiple accounts.
- Consolidated general ledger. Make accounting a stroll in the park by bringing together all of your data from various entities, locations, and currencies into one general ledger.
- Intelligent dashboards and reporting. Get real-time business insights from Sage Intacct’s 200+ prebuilt reporting templates.
- Seamless integration and automation. Connect trucking apps, automate complex processes, and streamline time-consuming tasks with ease.
Sage Intacct offers a single pricing plan:
Custom pricing: Custom pricing, for trucking businesses and 3PLs that need a powerful financial management solution that can handle complex accounting and workflows across multiple states.
Try Sage Intacct today with a free product tour.
3. Zoho Books
Our Verdict — Best For Small BusinessesPrice: Starts at $20/month
Zoho Books is a user-friendly accounting solution for small trucking businesses. We think it’s the best for small businesses because of its convenient mobile app, integrated Zoho ecosystem, and low-priced plans.
The Best Part:
User friendly interface. Zoho Books eliminates a lot of the pain in accounting. It’s that simple.
The Worst Part:
Limited payroll feature. Zoho Books doesn’t offer such a comprehensive payroll solution as QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, and Xero.
Get it if you want a user-friendly accounting solution to simplify bookkeeping and financial management for your small trucking business.
I recommend you get started with the 14-day free trial, then go for the Professional plan for $50/month.
(14-day free trial)
Zoho Books is best for small trucking businesses that need an easy-to-use platform to streamline their bookkeeping.
- Automated payment reminders. Set up alerts for your payments and send out automated emails to customers, to avoid late payments and save time spent on manual follow-ups.
- Recurring invoices and expenses. Automate billing for regular clients and manage recurring expenses effortlessly.
- Integration with other Zoho apps. Connect Zoho Books with other native Zoho tools such as Zoho Payroll, Zoho CRM, and Zoho Inventory to centralize your processes and seamlessly automate repetitive accounting tasks.
- Multi-currency support. Manage transactions in multiple currencies by automating currency conversions.
- Advanced payment processing. Offer payment options to clients, reconcile your records, and easily manage your trucking business’s cash flow.
Zoho Books offers six pricing plans:
- Free: Free forever, for small trucking businesses that need a basic accounting solution to manage clients, invoices, and expenses, with access to limited integrations and support.
- Standard: $20/month for small trucking businesses that need a standard accounting solution to manage invoices, pay recurring expenses, and connect bank & credit card feeds, and get access to project expense tracking tools, for up to three users.
- Professional: $50/month for small trucking businesses that need a complete accounting solution to manage retainer invoices, bills, payments made, and sales & purchase orders, for up to five users.
- Premium: $70/month for small trucking businesses that want an advanced accounting solution with budgeting, advanced inventory control, and cash flow forecasting tools, for up to 10 users.
- Elite: $150/month for small trucking businesses that need a robust accounting solution with multi-currency handling, advanced inventory control, and warehouse management systems, for up to 10 users.
- Ultimate: $275/month for small trucking businesses that need a full-fledged accounting solution with access to all Elite features plus robust Zoho analytics, real-time reporting, and seamless data management, for up to 15 users.
Annual plans provide up to a 25% discount.
Try Zoho Books today with a free 14-day trial.
Our Top Three Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
30-day free trial
Starts at $37.50/mo
Free product tour
14-day free trial
Starts at $20/mo
30-day free trial
Starts at $20/mo
RAMA Logistics Software
30-day free trial
Starts at $80/mo
Here are the top 50 trucking accounting software we considered in this review:
- Sage Intacct
- Zoho Books
- RAMA Logistics Software
- LogiPoint Web
- Tailwind TMS
- Truckn Pro
- Paradigm Transportation Suite (PTS)
- Truckers Helper
- Envision Accounting
- SAWIN Pro
- Degama Trucking Software
- NetSuite ERP
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- UNIT4 Financials
- CenterPoint Accounting
- Cloud ERP
- FinancialForce Accounting
- Activity HD
- Access Financials
- Accounting Xpert
- Infor SunSystems
- MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay
- Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP
- Sage X3
- Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- Sage 100
- Focus X
- Tridens Monetization
- Sage 500
What software do transport companies use?
Transportation companies use various types of software to streamline their operations and improve efficiency. Some essential software types for these companies include trucking management software, dispatch management, fleet maintenance, mileage tracking, and online accounting software. These software solutions help manage trucking-specific features such as driver settlements, cost per mile, and fuel costs.
Trucking companies use such software to generate expense and trip reports, stay profitable, and invoice clients based on accurate information and calculations.
What is the best software for a trucking company?
The best software for a trucking company's accounting needs are QuickBooks Online, Sage Intacct, and Zoho Books. These platforms offer extensive features to streamline accounting processes and generate accurate financial reports for business owners.
QuickBooks, our top pick, is an online accounting software that can effectively handle financial statements, freight billing, and accounting functions. It simplifies financial reporting and integrates seamlessly with bank accounts, ensuring efficient management of trucking operations.
Does QuickBooks work for trucking?
QuickBooks is an excellent choice for trucking companies, as it caters to their unique accounting requirements. It not only simplifies accounting processes but also provides accurate reports essential for business owners. QuickBooks allows trucking companies to track income and expenses, manage driver settlements, calculate fuel costs, and more, all from a mobile device or desktop.
How do I set up QuickBooks for my accounting company?
To set up QuickBooks for your trucking company, start by customizing the chart of accounts to include trucking-specific categories like fuel costs, driver settlements, and additional costs. Input company information, customize the invoice template, and connect your bank accounts to enable bank reconciliation. Add employees and truck drivers to manage payroll, and create customized reports to monitor financial performance.
What is the most powerful accounting software?
QuickBooks and Sage Intacct are considered the most powerful accounting software options for trucking companies. Both offer comprehensive features to handle various accounting processes, financial reporting, and integration with other systems. These platforms help transportation companies gain better control over their finances, streamline operations, and make informed decisions for their business growth.
QuickBooks, a highly popular accounting software, offers robust features that cover various aspects of financial management, such as invoicing, expense tracking, payroll, and bank reconciliation. Its user-friendly interface and seamless integration with numerous third-party applications make it an ideal choice for trucking companies of all sizes. QuickBooks also offers specialized features for the trucking industry, such as tracking fuel costs, driver settlements, and cost per mile, enabling accurate financial reporting.
Sage Intacct, another powerful accounting software, is designed to meet the complex financial requirements of trucking companies. It provides a highly customizable platform that can be tailored to fit the unique needs of the industry, allowing for better tracking and management of expenses, revenues, and assets. The software enables companies to automate key financial processes, ensuring accurate and timely reporting. Sage Intacct also supports multi-entity management, making it a suitable choice for larger trucking companies with multiple locations or subsidiaries.
Both QuickBooks and Sage Intacct provide real-time visibility into financial performance, allowing trucking company owners to monitor key financial indicators and make informed decisions based on accurate data.
The Bottom Line
To recap, here are the best trucking accounting software to try this year: