Today there are 209 different sales intelligence tools to find the best contact data for decision makers, outreach to them, and book meetings. We spent 150 hours comparing the top 50 to find the seven best you can use to book more meetings with potential clients.
What is the Best Sales Intelligence Tool?
Our Verdict — Best Of The Best
Price: Starts at $99/month
UpLead enables businesses to turn B2B prospects into hot leads with 95% data accuracy on contact data. Its granular filtering capabilities and real-time email verification will help skyrocket any B2B sales campaign.
The Best Part:
- Highly segmented prospecting lists. You can filter prospects based on 50+ filtering criteria, and enrich your existing lists with tech stack information, geographics, and company size. By getting this granular, your outreach campaigns can be a lot more relevant, allowing your revenue team to close more sales.
The Worst Part:
- You can’t run your outreach campaigns within the platform. UpLead is an incredible tool at what it does, but in order to put your outreach campaigns into practice you’ll need to use a separate platform. You’ll have to export your leads into your CRM or outreach tool to get it going.
Get it if you’re looking to build a list of the highest quality cold leads to run your best outreach campaign yet.
I recommend you get started with the free trial, which comes with 5 free leads, then upgrade to the Plus plan (with advanced filters) for $249/month.
(5 free leads)
UpLead is best for anyone, from freelancers to Fortune 50 companies.
- Find leads who are looking for your solution now. With UpLead’s “Intent Data” feature, you can take action when the right sales triggers happen — when a prospect starts looking for a solution just like yours, for example. So, instead of trying to figure out who is out there looking for your solution, let the tool find consumption patterns, so you can reach out to the right leads, saying the right things, at the right time.
- Go granular and explore the right niches. UpLead’s filtering system is nothing short of amazing. You can segment out their database in so many ways, you’ll never run out of ideas. You can search for specific companies or contacts, by location, company size, revenue, and even Fortune rankings. It’s so easy to create relevant, segmented lists you can outreach to.
- Squeaky-clean email data. Their real-time email verification system makes sure every single email address you download from UpLead is authenticated in real time. For every 100 leads you get from their platform, at least 95 of those will be accurate (or you get your credits back).
- Data enrichment. This tool is all about providing your sales team with refined information on your prospects, so that they understand their situation better. More info to move them along the sales journey.
- Free trial, with full access. While the free trial only lets you get 5 leads for free, you’ll be able to test their entire platform to see how easy it is to find the leads you’re looking for. I mean, you could get Jeff Bezos’ contact email for free!
UpLead offers four pricing plans:
- Essentials: $129/month for 170 credits and all basic features.
- Basic: $249/month for 400 credits and advanced features.
- Team: $449/month for 1000 credits and full API access.
- Enterprise: Custom solutions with custom pricing.
Annual subscriptions provide up to 28% discount.
Try UpLead today with a free 7-day trial (with 5 free leads).
Our Verdict — Best For Sales Teams
Price: Starts at $100/month per seat
Outreach is a smart sales tool that increases productivity and enables your SDRs and sales reps to have more insightful engagement with prospective customers. It’s the best “all-in-one” sales intelligence tool on the market, with features for different stages of the sales funnel: prospecting, sales conversations, and revenue generation.
The Best Part:
- All key sales information under the same roof. Your sales reps can use Outreach as a centralized hub to save a ton of time when following up with prospects.
The Worst Part:
- It has a steep learning curve. Some users complain that the UI is not very intuitive, and that sometimes it can be hard to find things.
Get it if you want to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning features to help your sales reps remove the guesswork from their sales process and follow up with the right prospects, at the right time.
I recommend you get in touch with Outreach to get a demo and figure out which plan is the best for your company.
Outreach is best for businesses with an SDR team. It will get your SDRs moving prospects through your sales pipeline faster without pushing them to work more hours. It’s a great option if you’re looking for an all-in-one sales intelligence tool.
- Improve deal close rates by 13%. By taking advantage of Outreach’s features, including the AI-guided valuable insights, SDRs and sales reps take more of the right actions that end up closing deals — an average increase of 13% in sales.
- Keeps your key sales information in one place. With Outreach’s “Success Plans” feature, your sales reps will have a centralized hub where they can access information and messages they’ve exchanged. This saves a ton of time, and creates a better relationship between your reps and your prospects.
- Buyer sentiment analysis. Stop trying to understand your prospects based on vanity metrics like open or click rates. With this machine-learning based technology, you can classify buyer emotions to understand the buying signals along their buying process with more certainty. Then, Outreach gives your team actionable insights into what to do next, so your team can book more meetings.
- Stay on top of your follow ups. With the “Outreach Engage” tool, you can simplify and automate your reps' workflows, and keep their pipelines flowing, with automated follow-up activity, and tons of insights that will enable your team to make better decisions, at every step of the sales cycle.
- Let Kaia handle it. Kaia is Outreach’s real-time conversation artificial intelligence capability, whose job is to eliminate those painful, non-selling tasks that eat your sales professionals’ time. Kaia can do administrative chores like live transcriptions, display answers to customer’s questions via content cards in real time, flag up future actions, prompt price lists, and much more.
Outreach doesn’t publicize their prices, so you’ll have to get in touch with them for a custom quote (starts at around $100/month per seat).
Try Outreach by requesting pricing today.
Our Verdict — Best For Direct B2B Prospecting
Price: Starts at $99.99/month
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is like LinkedIn on steroids. It’s like getting power-tools for exploring their database of 500 million+ users. It’s a quick way for bigger, faster, and stronger B2B lead generation.
The Best Part:
- The most famous B2B prospecting platform, on steroids. LinkedIn Sales Navigator is just like taking the LinkedIn social network, and making it accessible for you to contact anyone at any time. You can find “gold nuggets” in the format of hot leads way quicker with this tool.
The Worst Part:
- Not everyone can get the free trial. Your eligibility to get the free trial is based on your account standing. I’ve heard of 2 or 3 people who weren’t able to get the free trial, for one reason or another.
Get it if you want to have a massive database of B2B leads you can explore, while getting in touch with them directly via LinkedIn private messages.
I recommend you get started with the “Core plan” if you’re a freelancer or small business, or with the “Advanced plan” if you have a sales team of 5 people or more.
(30-day free trial)
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is best for anyone who has a LinkedIn account and sells mid to high ticket solutions for B2B buyers.
- 1 month trial. You can enjoy the full power of the Sales Navigator tool for a month, 100% free. That’s more than enough time to get some hot b2b business contacts and even close the first sale. Be aware that the free trial is only available for members that are currently not on any LinkedIn paid subscription plan and have not taken any LinkedIn free trials for the last 365 days.
- Advanced search segmentation. The advanced search feature is one of the coolest things about Sales Navigator. You get to search and sort through B2B prospects, people and companies with a ton of different filters. Stuff like job title, group membership, company revenue, Fortune listing (50/100/500), and so much more. Find the right people to reach out to, every time.
- Free InMails. InMail is like regular emails that only exist inside LinkedIn. You can send up to 50 InMails per month, allowing you to reach out to people outside your direct network. The coolest thing is that they reward your good outreach messages. If one of your messages is accepted, or gets replied to within 90 days, then you’ll automatically receive the message credit back to send even more messages.
- TeamLink opens doors. When you get the Advanced plan or higher, you’ll get access to the TeamLink feature. This lets you see if other members from your sales team are already connected to a specific prospect. Then, you can also access the entire 2nd and 3rd degree network of your entire company.
- Run the most targeted ads ever. You can go to your campaign manager and run ad campaigns for the leads/accounts of your choice. Imagine how much oomph you’ll add to your sales representatives' messages, when you’re running super-targeted ads that make the qualified leads go “wow!”
LinkedIn Sales Navigator offers four pricing plans:
- Core: $99.99/month for individuals.
- Advanced: $149.99/month for sales teams.
- Advanced Plus: Undisclosed pricing, for advanced CRM sync and integrations.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for custom solutions (starting at $1,600/year).
Annual subscriptions provide up to 21% discount.
Try LinkedIn Sales Navigator today with a 30-day trial.
Our Top Three Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
- UpLead — best of the best sales intelligence tool
- Outreach — best for sales teams
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator — best for direct b2b prospecting
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
7-day free trial
Starts at $129/mo
LinkedIn Sales Navigator
30-day free trial
Starts at $99.99/mo
Starts at $49/mo
7-day free trial
Starts at $99/mo
Here are the top 50 sales intelligence tools we considered in this review:
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- ZoomInfo SalesOS
- HubSpot Sales Hub
- D&B Hoovers - Dun & Bradstreet
- HG Focus
- Oracle CX Sales
The Bottom Line
Here are our top picks for the best sales intelligence tools to try this year: