Today there are 83 different web hosts for musicians. We spent 65 hours comparing the top 50 to find the seven best you can use to host your band’s website.
What is the Best Web Host for Musicians?
Our Verdict — Best Of The BestPrice: Starts at $35.40/year
Bluehost is a reliable web hosting solution for creatives and musicians. We think it’s the best because of its user-friendly control panel, affordable pricing, and 24/7 customer support.
The Best Part:
Top-notch 24/7 customer support. Bluehost’s team is available to take upon any technical issues you face, around the clock via phone, email, and chat.
The Worst Part:
No monthly option for basic plans. Bluehost only offers annual billing for shared hosting options. Monthly billing is only available for VPS and dedicated hosting servers, which cost a little more than shared hosting.
Get it if you want a reliable web host with top-notch customer support and one-click WordPress installation.
I recommend you start with the Basic plan for $35.40/year.
(30-day money-back guarantee)
Bluehost is best for independent musicians who want to create a professional website with a reliable hosting provider.
- Free domain registration. Save money on your first year of a new domain, when you sign up for a 12-month Basic plan or longer.
- One-click WordPress installation. Install WordPress within seconds to start building your website instantly.
- Customizable website themes. Choose from thousands of customizable WordPress themes to find which best fits your band’s personality.
- Easy-to-use control panel. Manage all aspects of your website, from email accounts to domain and bandwidth management, with Bluehost’s intuitive cPanel dashboard.
- Scalable hosting. Upgrade to faster and more powerful servers on Bluehost without ever going through the hassle of completely migrating your website to a new web host.
Bluehost offers four pricing plans:
- Basic: $35.40/year for the first year, then $131.88/year for musicians who want to build and host one website, for up to 15,000 monthly visitors and 10 GB of storage.
- Plus: $65.40/year for the first year, then $179.88/year for musicians who want to host unlimited websites, for up to 50,000 monthly visitors and 20 GB of storage.
- Choice Plus: $65.40/year for the first year, then $239.88/year for musicians who want to host unlimited websites and get email marketing and site management tools, for up to 200,000 monthly visitors and 40 GB of storage.
- Pro: $179.40/year for the first year, then $347.88/year for musicians who want to host unlimited websites for clients on Bluehost’s fastest shared server, for up to 400,000 monthly visitors and 100 GB of storage.
Try Bluehost today with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Our Verdict — Best For BandsPrice: Starts at $23/month
Squarespace is a one-stop shop for bands and musicians looking to create an engaging online presence. We think it’s the best for bands because of its seamless media integration, powerful e-commerce features, and stunning templates.
The Best Part:
Top-notch media integration. Squarespace allows you to easily put your music, videos, and photos on display for your website visitors and fans to see — without any plugins or extra add-ons.
The Worst Part:
Limited app integrations. Squarespace doesn’t offer many third-party integrations when compared to WordPress sites and other alternatives.
Get it if you want a modern website builder to create an engaging website for your fans.
I recommend you sign up for the 14-day free trial, then get the Personal plan for $192/year.
(14-day free trial)
Squarespace is best for music bands that want to build a sleek website to showcase their music, sell merch, and manage event calendars.
- Playlist creation in minutes. Drag and drop your music files into Squarespace’s Audio Collection, and you’ll have a professional playlist showcasing your best music in no time.
- Effortless event promotion. Use Squarespace’s Events Collection feature to keep fans in the loop about future concerts, festivals, and other special events.
- Built-in merch store. Add a full-featured store to your website and start selling t-shirts, posters, music, and more.
- Password-protected content. Offer exclusive musical content to your most dedicated fans and subscribers with Squarespace’s password feature.
- Integrated mailing list tools. Grow your fan base and keep them engaged with built-in mailing list management tools and email marketing features.
Squarespace offers four pricing plans:
- Personal: $23/month for musicians who want a customizable website builder with unlimited access to music templates.
- Business: $33/month for musicians and bands that want a customizable website builder with advanced analytics and integrated ecommerce.
- Commerce Basic: $36/month for musicians and bands that want a customizable website builder with Business features plus advanced merch management features and built-in payment checkout.
- Commerce Advanced: $65/month for musicians and bands that want a customizable website builder with all Commerce Basic features plus subscription and shipping management tools.
Annual plans provide a 30% discount.
Try Squarespace today with a free 14-day trial.
Our Verdict — Best For Solo MusiciansPrice: Starts at $11.95/month
HostGator is a top-choice web hosting provider for solo artists and musicians. We think it’s the best for solo musicians because of its budget pricing options, one-click WordPress installation, and 24/7 customer support.
The Best Part:
Unlimited storage. Hostgator’s Business customers get unlimited room for storing countless videos, music, and photos ― the sky's the limit for your creativity.
The Worst Part:
Restricted SSL. HostGator offers free SSL security for Business plan members only.
Get it if you want an affordable web hosting service with unlimited storage to build your musician website.
I recommend you sign up for the Business plan for $17.95/month.
(45-day money-back guarantee)
HostGator is best for solo musicians who want an affordable web hosting provider.
- Reliable server uptime. Keep your website accessible to fans at all times with HostGator’s impressive 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Unlimited websites. Create unlimited websites for your music, bands, or fan communities and manage them seamlessly from HostGator’s control panel.
- Daily automatic backups. Rest easy knowing your website and music are safe with HostGator’s automatic daily backups ― you can restore everything with a click of a button.
- Google Ads match credits. Double your ad budget with HostGator’s $500 match credit offer after you spend $500 promoting your music using Google Ads.
- Built-in SEO tools. Attract new fans and promote your music via search engines with HostGator’s built-in SEO tools ― available for Business subscribers.
HostGator offers three pricing plans:
- Hatchling Plan: $11.95/month for musicians that want to host one WordPress website, with up to 10GB of storage space.
- Baby Plan: $12.95/month for musicians that want to host up to five websites and get access to HostGator’s phone support and free ad credits, with up to 40GB of storage space.
- Business Plan: $17.95/month for musicians and bands that want to host unlimited websites or ecommerce stores and get expert help for site migration, with unlimited storage space.
Annual plans provide up to a 66.64% discount.
Try HostGator today with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Our Top Three Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
30-day money-back guarantee
Starts at $35.40/yr
14-day free trial
Starts at $23/mo
45-day money-back guarantee
Starts at $11.95/mo
30-day free trial
Starts at $14.95/mo
30-day free trial
Starts at $4.95/mo
Starts at $35.40/yr
14-day free trial
Here are the top 50 web hosts for musicians we considered in this review:
- Music Glue
- WP Engine
- InMotion Hosting
- A Small Orange
- A2 Hosting
- Liquid Web
- Media Temple
What platforms are best for musicians?
For musicians, choosing the right platform can significantly impact their online presence and audience engagement. Some of the best platforms for musicians include drag-and-drop website builders like Squarespace, which offers musician-specific features such as music-themed templates, audio players, and built-in merch stores. Additionally, these builders may offer unlimited disk space and custom domain name registration. Hosting plans from platforms like Bluehost, HostGator, and Kinsta also cater to musicians who want to use WordPress or other content management software to build their websites.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube play an essential role in connecting musicians with their audience. These platforms allow musicians to link their social accounts, integrate social media feeds, and create an online space to share their music and updates. Streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and SoundCloud also offer additional online exposure for musicians, making it easier for fans to discover and stream their music.
Which website is best for music?
When it comes to the best website for music, it depends on the specific needs and goals of the musician. Squarespace is an excellent choice for musicians who require a visually appealing website with thousands of templates and a user-friendly interface. It offers a range of features, including social media connectivity, ecommerce features, and built-in music players, making it suitable for musicians to showcase their work and sell merchandise. Additionally, it integrates well with streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and SoundCloud.
Weebly is another popular platform for musicians, offering an extensive range of templates specifically designed for music websites, band websites, and other artist sites. Weebly advanced features include an easy-to-use drag-and-drop website builder, social media integration, and audio blocks for streaming music. Furthermore, Weebly provides a variety of ecommerce options and online payments, allowing musicians to sell their music and merchandise directly through their website.
WordPress is also a viable option, particularly for musicians who need a powerful blogging platform and a vast selection of plugins to add features like music players, social media channels, and ecommerce capabilities. With WordPress, musicians have greater control over their website's functionality and design, making it a suitable choice for those with more specific requirements.
Is Squarespace good for musicians?
Squarespace is an excellent choice for musicians, offering a visually appealing and user-friendly platform with a wide variety of features tailored specifically for musicians. These features include music-specific templates, social media integration, ecommerce options, and the ability to embed audio players. Additionally, Squarespace supports integration with popular streaming services, making it easy for musicians to showcase their music and connect with their audience. The platform also provides a custom domain name registration, unlimited disk space, and a range of hosting plans to suit various budgets.
One of the main advantages of Squarespace for musicians is its intuitive, drag-and-drop website builder, which allows users to create a professional-looking website with minimal technical knowledge. With a vast selection of templates and advanced features like Google Analytics integration, musicians can create an engaging online presence that showcases their music and brand effectively.
What are the downsides of using Squarespace?
While Squarespace offers many advantages for musicians, there are some downsides to consider. One potential drawback is its relatively higher monthly cost compared to some other website builders. Depending on the plan, musicians may also incur additional costs for certain features or extra server space.
Another downside is the limited customization options compared to more flexible platforms like WordPress. Musicians with specific design or functionality requirements may find Squarespace's templates and features somewhat restrictive.
Lastly, Squarespace's ecommerce features may not be as comprehensive as those offered by specialized e-commerce platforms. Although it provides basic online store capabilities, musicians may face additional transaction fees and limited options for payment gateways and shipping integrations.
Is Squarespace better than WordPress?
Determining whether Squarespace is better than WordPress depends on the specific needs and preferences of the musician. Squarespace is an excellent choice for those who prioritize ease of use, visual appeal, and an all-in-one platform that requires minimal technical expertise. Its drag-and-drop interface and pre-built templates make it easier for users to create a professional-looking website with minimal effort. Squarespace also includes features like social media integration, ecommerce options, and custom domain registration as part of their packages.
On the other hand, WordPress is a more versatile and powerful platform that offers greater customization options and functionality through plugins and themes. It's a better choice for musicians who need more control over their website's design or those who want to leverage the platform's robust blogging capabilities. However, WordPress requires more technical knowledge and may involve additional costs for premium themes, plugins, and hosting services.
In conclusion, the choice between Squarespace and WordPress depends on the musician's specific needs, technical abilities, and budget. Squarespace is ideal for those who want a user-friendly platform with pre-built templates and features, while WordPress is better suited for users who need more customization options and greater control over their website's functionality.
The Bottom Line
To recap, here are the best web hosts for musicians to try this year: