The fastest, easiest and cheapest way to save time and money writing content is to use AI copywriting software. That's why we spent 50 hours comparing the top 50 to find the best AI copywriting software you can use this year, ranked by our top picks.
What is AI Copywriting?
AI copywriting is the art of using artificial intelligence to write blog posts, social media posts, ads, sales pages, emails, and more. With new AI writing technology like Frase, you can now research, write, and optimize high quality SEO content in as little as 30 minutes.
The problem? Not all AI copywriting tools work as well as others. Some spit back what you wrote without changes, some plagiarize other sites, and some require you to purchase other SEO software to get the maximum benefit from their tool.
What is the Best AI Copywriting Software?
Best of the Best
Frase is my #1 pick because they partnered with Elon Musk's OpenAI company to use OpenAI's GPT-3 AI writing technology. This AI tech allows you to tackle topics with more granularity, so you're creating the best SEO content on the web.
Frase allows you to instantly generate many types of content like unique headers, outlines, and paragraphs from any block of text using GPT-3. It’s AI can write unique and interesting content for you by autocompleting your sentences, rewriting entire paragraphs plagiarism-free... and even entire blog posts.
Like all AI writing assistants, Frase will occasionally generate repetitive, factually incorrect, or off-topic content. But once you learn how to use context and patterns to improve the AI Writer output, it crafts the best type of content: unique content.
Who It’s For
Frase is best for individuals getting started with SEO, all the way up to agency SEO teams growing client sites at scale.
- OpenAI GPT-3 AI writing technology that allows you to instantly generate unique headers, outlines, and paragraphs from any block of text. This is one of Frase's most advanced features.
- AI writer and SEO optimization tool all-in-one so you can get the best of both worlds under one subscription, instead of two.
- Google Search Console integration that lets you see what pages are starting to slip in rankings and may need to be refreshed.
- Passage optimization that allows you to optimize passages of text within your content so you can rank for more long-tail queries independently.
- Custom copywriting templates for common post types (e.g. how-to posts, best posts, listicles, alternative posts, service pages, product reviews, pillar pages, etc) you can use to brief writers and produce optimized SEO content, faster.
Frase offers three monthly plans, and one SEO add-on.
- Solo: $19.99/month for individuals getting started with SEO content creation.
- Basic: $49.99/month for freelancers and small teams that want more flexibility.
- Team: $114.99/month for teams and agencies that need to scale content.
- SEO Add-On: $35/month for unlimited access to the Frase AI Writer.
Annual subscriptions provide a 15% discount.
Get started with Frase today.
Best for Freelance Writers
Jasper, which used to be called Jarvis (and Conversion AI before that) is my #2 pick because it's one of the most flexible AI copywriting software out there, especially when you go past the basic plan.
Jasper’s AI can quickly create any type of content, such as headlines, social media ads, product descriptions, SEO meta descriptions, emails, any kind of blog post, reports, and so much more. You can even translate your high-quality content to 25+ languages.
Jasper does not do keyword research or content optimization like Frase. In order to get those features, you need to be on the Boss Mode plan and integrate with the Surfer SEO software (paid plan).
Some cool features are only available on the "Boss Mode" pricing plan — especially the “long-form content” assistant which allows you to write blog posts, articles and even entire books!
Who It’s For
Jasper is best for people looking to create content at scale, such as freelance writers, startup founders, business owners, and digital marketers.
- 50+ content copywriting templates enable you to create unique headlines, marketing emails, personal bios, blog post conclusion paragraphs, and even entire books, all of which are completely original content. Jasper's long-form content capabilities are top notch.
- Jasper Commands allow you to naturally ask Jasper what to write about, like "Write a blog post about buying your first Harley-Davidson." (Boss Mode required)
- Jasper Recipes are pre-made recipes that execute complex requests by executing many separate commands, automatically. For example, when you run the “Write a blog post” recipe, Jasper will write a content brief, come up with a few post ideas, then write the intro paragraph, a post outline… all the way to having an entire blog post written. (Boss Mode required)
- Automate more than just the writing. Jasper also boasts other cool automation features, like a post scheduler and social media integration.
- Make your articles the right length by choosing between three options: short, medium, and long.
Jasper offers two pricing plans.
- Starter Plan: $29/month for up to 20,000 words per month (or $49/month for up to 50,000 words) — This plan comes with basic features.
- Boss Mode: $59/month for up to 50,000 words per month (or $99/month for up to 100,000 words) — This plan comes withmore advanced features.
Jasper offers 10,000 words for free to try it out when using this link.
All the paid plans have a 5-day money-back guarantee.
Annual subscriptions provide a discount equivalent to two free months.
Get started with Jasper today.
Best for Content Marketers On A Tight Budget
INK is my #3 pick because it's a great way for you to dip your toes in the AI copywriting waters, and maybe write your first ever piece of content with an AI copywriting software. INK is like having 4 marketers inside one tool.
INK is a "professional copywriter." It helps you create better long-form or short-form content than what most people could ever come up with on their own.
INK is also a "content strategist." It helps you think about your content strategy holistically, so you don't end up creating content that doesn't work well together.
INK is also a "marketing automation specialist." It helps you automate the process of growing your audience through social media content, email, and other channels. Marketing teams will love this! And finally, it's a "growth hacker." It helps turn your ideas into reality.
Who It’s For
INK is best for content marketers who want to enjoy the power of AI copywriting with basic features that won't break the bank. It's also an affordable option for people who need unlimited AI generated words to write high volumes of content every month.
- Free plan for $0/month allows you to use all of the tools, including the AI assistant. You get 50 points worth of AI-generated content outputs on sign up, which let's you write up to 150 sentences of AI generated content.
- Scale your content output to the moon and keep it dirt-cheap, as INK's entry plan costs only $35/month, while their unlimited plan is a steal: $99/month.
- Full integration with your writing tools. Ink AI is the only tool that works across Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, and Google Docs.
- AI Co-Writing & SEO Assistant in one package helps you write tons of SEO-optimized content. The "co-writing" feature allows human writers to collaborate with the AI writing software on any post for online publishing.
- Incredible selection of copywriting templates for just about anything, including coming up with a new business name or domain name, simplifying complicated texts, YouTube video descriptions, Google ad copy, writing blog content, etc.
INK offers two pricing plans.
- INK Pro: $35/month for entrepreneurs and freelancers that want to scale their business with content marketing (includes 1,000 points per month, which is equivalent to up to 50,000 AI generated words per month)
- INK Pro Unlimited: $99/month for teams doing big volumes of automated content marketing (includes unlimited credits, which means you get unlimited AI generated words per month!). Talk about a premium plan.
INK offers the INK Free pricing plan for $0/month for individuals getting started in the AI copywriting world. It let's you write up to 150 sentences of AI generated content on sign up, then 15 sentences per day.
All the paid plans have a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Annual subscriptions provide a discount equivalent to two months free.
Get started with INK today.
Best for High Volume Content Creators
CopyAI is a great time-saver for those who want to create a lot of content in various formats. You can instantly create blog titles, outlines, blog intros, email copy, and so on. You can even brainstorm your company motto with it.
CopyAI is great if you need to output a lot of shorter pieces of content. When it comes to long form copy, it may generate repetitive, incorrect, or off-topic content, at times. Once you get the hang of how it works you’ll be able to quickly stitch together a long form piece of content by using short-form bursts.
Who It’s For
CopyAI is great for people looking to create a lot of short content fast. If you’re creating a ton of titles, product descriptions, and quick social media posts everyday… then CopyAI might be the right tool for you.
- Interesting free plan which comes with 25 bonus credits, plus 10 free credits per month. It gives you access to all of their 90+ copywriting tools and you can create your content pieces in 25+ languages. They won’t even ask for your credit card!
- CopyAI is trusted by notable brands such as Nestle, eBay, Zoho, and Ogilvy. If these brands can take advantage of this tool, smaller businesses can get value from it as well.
- Over 90 copywriting tools which will allow you to create pretty much every type of short content type you may need. Blog titles, social media posts, bullet points… if you can name it, they’ve probably got it.
- Good price for unlimited content. For $49/month you get unlimited credits to work on unlimited projects. That means, you can create as much content as you wish, and won’t have to pay any overage fees.
- Great Chrome extension avoids the need to juggle between multiple tabs. The extension allows you to research and write from any tab. You can have your Google Docs window open while working with CopyAI at the same time!
CopyAI offers two pricing plans:
- Free plan: $0/month for 25 free credits, plus 10 credits every month.
- Pro plan: $49/month for unlimited credits.
All paid plans have a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Annual subscriptions provide a discount equivalent to two months free (25%).
Best Bang For The Buck
If you’re looking for simplicity and speed, Rytr is a great choice for you. The interface is incredibly user-friendly, and the price is almost unbelievable.
Just like CopyAI, Rytr is a great option for those who want to generate a lot of shorter pieces of content, especially if they’re on a budget. Their 3 plans, that range from free to unlimited writing for only $29/month, will help you deliver fast outlines, headlines, blog intros, email copy, and so on.
Rytr also has a free plagiarism checking tool and even corrects your grammar and improves the readability of your text.
Who It’s For
Rytr is best for anyone who wants to enjoy the power of AI copywriting that won't break the bank.
- Incredible pricing. The unlimited plan is only $29/month — and you even get a dedicated account manager plus priority support.
- Plagiarism checker for everyone, even on the free plan.
- 20+ tone of voice options. Rytr offers 20+ tones of voice to choose from when writing content. Get your copy to sound humorous, casual, humble, formal, and so on, at a click of a button.
- Create SEO meta descriptions. Input a meta title for your page, and it will come up with an SEO relevant description for you.
- Their development team works hard and their roadmap looks quite interesting. If they release everything they intend to, the product will keep getting better and better.
- Free Plan: 5000 characters per month, free forever!
- Saver Plan: $9.99/month for 50,000 characters per month.
- Unlimited Plan: $29/month for unlimited characters per month and a dedicated account manager.
Annual subscriptions provide a discount equivalent to two months free (17%).
Best for Entrepreneurs
Writesonic is very strong for business and marketing use cases. It excels in writing short content like ad copy, social media content, YouTube video scripts, SEO descriptions, and so on.
Writesonic will help you pay a lot less for your writers, while you come up with all the content your business needs. It can write a 1,500 word article in 15 seconds!
Just like any other AI writing too, there may be some inconsistencies, so you’ll need to touch up the longer form content pieces to create memorable copy for websites, blog posts, etc.
Who It’s For
Writesonic is the best option for solopreneurs and small businesses.
- It’s chock-full of options for entrepreneurs. A lot of their 40+ copy tools are perfect for business owners. You can generate landing pages, website headers, articles, product descriptions, press releases, SEO meta descriptions… almost all your content needs are in there!
- Swipe from the best. Writesonic’s AI has been trained on high-converting copy from the world’s top brands. Your copy will be based on what converts the best for them.
- Automatic blog post images. You know when you’re 34 pages deep into Google images, trying to find that perfect image for your blog post? Not anymore. Writesonic helps you find semantically relevant images to match your copy.
- Test everything, for free. The free trial comes with access to every single feature, with no limitations on which features you can use, although it limits you to writing up to 19,000 words per month.
- It’s a time saver. Writesonic is especially fast, when compared to competitors. It can write a 1500 word article in 15 seconds, and even though you’ll have to edit it, everything about this software seems to be quicker than other options.
Writesonic offers three pricing plans:
- Free: Free forever to help you get a taste of Writesonic.
- Short-form: $15/month for access to all the short-form content templates.
- Long-form: $19/month for access to all the tools.
All paid plans have a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Annual subscriptions will save you 33%.
Best for Ecommerce
Copysmith was built to create high-converting ads, product descriptions, emails… pretty much all the copy you’d need for your ecommerce store.
Their AI is really good at creating ideas and first drafts on the spot. They promise you’ll never stare at a blank page again. We also love the fact you can write tons of ads for Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more, with a few clicks.
Who It’s For
Copysmith is a great choice for business owners, agencies, and freelancers in the ecommerce space.
- No holds barred test-drive. Copysmith offers a 7-day, full access free trial. No credit card needed. You can go wild, and test the heck out of the software to make sure you’ll get lots of quality content you can use, before you even pull your wallet out of your pocket.
- Connect the dots between copy and your store. Copysmith has tons of integrations with tools like Google Ads, Zapier, Microsoft Word… and you can even integrate your Shopify or WooCommerce store with your writing tool. All products will appear in your Copysmith dashboard, saving you a whole lot of ALT+TABs, CTRL+Vs and CTRL+Cs.
- Pump your store’s SEO. You can use Copysmith’s AI to beef up your product descriptions and meta tags with some SEO best practices. In a few months, you’ll be thanking Google for bringing more and more shoppers.
- Work with your team. Copysmith’s collaboration features allow you to work fast with writers or clients. Less meetings, less managing, more content.
- Create all of your store’s marketing content, fast. Create product descriptions, Amazon specific product descriptions, ads for most major ad networks, come up with “Unique Value Proposition” ideas, write social media posts… you’ll be able to create a massive amount of content, quick as a wink.
Copysmith offers 3 plans:
- Starter: $19.99/month, for up to 33,000 words and 20 plagiarism checks per month.
- Professional: $59.99/month, for up to 260,000 words and 100 plagiarism checks per month.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing, for unlimited words per month and unlimited plagiarism checks, plus some perks like an account manager.
Copysmith offers a 7 day unlimited free trial, with no credit card required.
Annual subscriptions provide a discount equivalent to about two months free (16%).
Our Top Picks
Here’s a quick summary of our top three picks:
Here’s a quick comparison of our top seven picks:
5-day trial for $1
Starts at $14.99/mo
Starts at $29/mo
Starts at $29/mo
Starts at $35/mo
Starts at $9/mo
Starts at $15/mo
Starts at $19.99/mo
Here are the top 50 AI copywriting tools we considered in this review:
- LongShot AI
- Message Path
- AI Writer
- Text Blaze
- After The Deadline
- Flacked AI
What is AI Copywriting Software?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) copywriting software helps businesses with their content creation process for their websites, landing pages, emails, and other digital assets by using Natural Language Processing.
Many think of it as a "copywriting assistant" you can buy with a credit card.
The software uses machine learning technology to analyze text and generate unique, high-quality marketing content that increases conversion rates. This makes it easier for marketers to produce content that is relevant to their audiences, while also improving conversions.
What are the Benefits of AI Writing Software?
There are many benefits of using an AI writing tool. Saving time is the most important one. Any good AI writing software pulls relevant data from the internet further and faster than any human could possibly do.
Another benefit is that the software assists in outlining, drafting, editing, formatting, pre-formatting, tone, keywords, and plagiarism checks. These tasks normally require a lot of work by a human writer, but with an AI writing tool, these tasks can be completed in less than 5 minutes!
Depending on the tool you choose, they can write a wide range of content, like novels, love letters, SEO articles, witty blog posts, headlines, email subject lines, sales emails, give you blog ideas, come up with a blog outline and click-bait titles, to name a few.
Some tools like Frase offer some extra SEO horsepower, and offer tools to help you fine-tune your content and optimize it like never before. Its predictive performance score called The Frase Topic Score will allow you to offer Google exactly what it wants.
So, a good AI will give you pretty much everything you need in order to make your content writing process more efficient, with higher content quality.
Content creation is an important part of any business, especially when it comes to marketing. But most people struggle with producing content. AI Writing tools help you overcome that hurdle.
How Does AI Writing Software Work?
AI writing tools use both machine learning and artificial neural nets to work and produce content, just like other AI-powered tools.
These elements allow the software to analyze large complex data and recognize patterns. This allows the software to predict, proofread, and offer better suggestions. Artificial neural networks simulate a network of neurons that make the human brain. They act with a certain degree of awareness, and add a human touch to automated content creation, in order to compete with the human copywriters.
Which Features Should I Look for in AI Writing Software?
When searching for an AI writing assistant make sure they have some product features available:
- Human-like content creation
- Multi-language translation tools
- SEO capabilities for creating unique content that ranks well on Google
- Conversion oriented content so you can create ads, sales pages, marketing emails, blog post outlines, and more, to turn readers into clients
- Plagiarism checker
- Writing templates based on proven marketing frameworks like the AIDA framework
How Much Does AI Writing Software Cost?
Don't worry. No matter what budget you've set aside for AI copywriting, you can find a pricing plan for you. Today, you'll find AI copywriting software ranging from free to $120+/month... it pretty much depends on how many words of AI generated content you want to create, and what features you need.
The pricing models and SEO features of every tool vary greatly, so make sure you check the features to figure out if the software offers what you need.
Why Should You Use an AI Copywriting Tool?
There are many reasons why marketers and copywriters might use AI copywriting tools. First, AI writing saves them time. These tools can analyze data quickly and assist with creating entire articles in as little as 30 minutes. They work around the clock, too, so you could literally write content in your sleep! That means you can spend more time focusing on more strategic marketing tasks, like prospecting, lead generation and delegating work.
AI tools can save even professional writers from the dreaded 'writers' block.' It can help you brainstorm blog ideas and write human-like content. If you're a content creator with multiple deadlines, or dream of scaling your content production... it's worth exploring AI writing.
What is the Best AI Writer?
The best AI writer is a machine learning algorithm that learns from human writers. This means that the AI writer can learn how you write, then use that knowledge to create better writing for itself.
In our opinion, Frase is the best AI writer and the ultimate content generator, because of its proprietary NLG technology (Natural Language Generation).
Can AI Replace Content Writers?
Yes! Artificial intelligence has been used for writing since the 1950s, when IBM’s Watson computer beat two American champions at Jeopardy! The first generation of AI was based on pattern recognition, which could be programmed to recognize patterns in text (Deep Learning).
Today, AI is much better at understanding context and meaning. This allows computers to write pretty much anything. We have programs like Google’s DeepMind, which can write news articles, novels, stories, and even poems.
As it is with any technology, it's gotten a lot cheaper too, and today anyone can use AI writers to write high-converting copy with this source of unlimited content generation.
It still is a good idea to have an editor to iron out the weird bits that might pop up, now and then.
The Bottom Line
AI copywriting software can be a great way to save time and money writing content.
To recap, the best AI copywriting tools right now are:
- Frase — best of the best AI copywriting software
- Jasper — best for freelance writers
- INK — best for content marketers on a tight budget
Our top pick is Frase, because it has the most advanced AI technology on the market, and you get an AI writer and SEO optimization tool in one subscription. I recommend you check out all these tools and see which one is the best for your needs.
Further reading on ContentMavericks.com: Use AI copywriting software in combination with our website content template to create high ranking blog posts, and high-quality content. Or use one of these AI writers to improve your landing pages, so you can convert more of your visitors into customers.
This post was written using Frase.