Content Distribution: The Official Guide (2020)
Bonus Material: Content Distribution Checklist
Today I’m going to show you exactly how to get more eyeballs on your content.
In fact, these are the exact content distribution strategies, platforms, channels and tools that helped me get in front of people like:
Shopify’s talent team:
Drift’s CEO (aka Uncle DC):
HubSpot’s customer acquisition team:
I’m not showing you this to brag.
I’m showing you this to prove my content distribution system works.
The best part? You can apply them in ANY industry.
Let’s jump right in.
What Is Content Distribution?
Content distribution is using targeted promotion methods to get your content in front of a targeted audience. There are three components you need for a successful content distribution system: True Fans, Free Traffic Multipliers, and Paid Traffic Multipliers.
- True Fans: These are the people who wait in anticipation of every piece of content you create.
- Free Traffic Multipliers: These are free traffic methods you use to increase traffic to your content. Perfect for businesses who don’t have a big budget to spend on ads.
- Paid Traffic Multipliers: These are paid traffic methods you use to amplify the reach of your content. Perfect for businesses who want to save time by paying to get their content in front of a targeted audience.
These three components are “The Flywheel” that drive consistent, compounding traffic to your content.
Here’s a step-by-step case study of how it works:
This Content Distribution Strategy Got 87,591 Visits To One Blog Post
A great content distribution strategy will:
- Get targeted traffic to your content.
- Turn that traffic into true fans who subscribe and buy from you.
To do that you need a content distribution flywheel (not a funnel).
Inside my new flywheel strategy I will show you:
- How to get 10x more traffic to your content in 60 days (without producing 10x as much content).
- How to build an audience of 1,000 true fans, fast (practical steps).
- The traffic multipliers I used to get 87,591 visits to one blog post.
Follow my step-by-step strategy in the blog post below.
Content Distribution Platforms: The Complete List
Without knowing all the platforms, channels and tools you can use to distribute your content, you miss out on amazing traffic opportunities.
The Content Distribution Centipede is a diagram I created to illustrate the different platforms, channels, and tools people are using to distribute content on the web.
At the top of the centipede I’m going to show you:
- 24 free content distribution platforms you can use to amplify your content without paying a cent.
- 5 new, untapped platforms you can jump on before everyone else (one of them will promote your content to influencers in a category you select.)
- 11 little known, niche platforms (including six pro strategies I personally use to get more traffic.)
Read my complete list of platforms in the free article below.
Content Distribution Channels: The Complete List
Want to know the best channels to distribute marketing content? Cryptocurrency content? Personal development content?
I put together a list of all the new, free, and paid content distribution channels you can use across 13 niche markets.
At the bottom of the centipede I’m going to show you:
- One new channel I used to get 450 clicks to one blog post in 10 days.
- A handful of underground channels only industry insiders know about (hint: get your content in front of other people’s email lists.)
- Two unconventional channels where the world’s most famous dogs (and cats) will promote your content for you.
Read my complete list of channels in the free article below.
Content Distribution Tools: The Complete List
Sometimes all it takes is one little feature inside one tool to skyrocket your traffic to the next level.
I put together a list of all the top content distribution tools I love. Inside there are instructions for how I use some of them to boost my own traffic.
At the tail end of the centipede I’m going to show you:
A tool I use to find out how much traffic a top Google result gets (so I can see if it’s worth my time creating content for it).
How to spy on your competitors content marketing ad spend down to the dollar for every ad, landing page, and ad network.
The 3D outreach tool that can deliver your content in a bank bag with a personal note saying “Here’s an Idea You Can Take To The Bank.”
Read my list of top tools in the free article below.